Day 26 of the A to Z Challenge is the letter “Z”:
Z is for Zippety-Do-Dah
I have to say, April flew by! I can’t believe we’re already at Day 26. I’ve enjoyed trying to find something to relate to each letter of the alphabet for The Red Kimono, and as I’m sure is the case with most of the A to Z Challenge participants, I found the letter “Z” to be a tough one.
I’m going to go with zippety-do-dah. It doesn’t have much to do with The Red Kimono, except that I sang it to myself many times along the path to publication:
- When an agent first asked for the full manuscript
- When I received my first offer of representation by an agent
- When I found a publisher
- When I held the printed copy in my hands
- When I received my first 5-star review
- And now, when I’ve completed this challenge.
There are so many joys in being a writer, and I very much appreciate all of you sharing them with me!