Here’s the BlogHer prompt for Day 8 of National Blog Posting Month:
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
What does getting back to your roots look like to you?
I’m kind of cheating here using a “place holder” for today’s blog. I have to hit the road this morning, and won’t return until late tonight. So, lest I don’t get home before midnight, I want to be able to say I wrote something.
The first things that enter my mind are the following:
- Visiting the part of Japan from whence my maternal grandparents came.
- Learning Japanese, both writing and speaking.
- Having another family reunion with my mother’s side of the family. (My father’s side has an annual family reunion. This year’s will be the first I’ve missed in about ten years.)
- Writing more stories of the Japanese culture and experience.
- Writing more stories based on my father’s history.
Okay, I’m off for the day. I love to drive, because it gives me plenty of time to think about things. I’ll be thinking more on this one, and hopefully, I’ll have something much deeper to add later. 🙂